Saturday 1 November 2014

Best Mexican Food in Munich

In Munich recently a new food trend swept over: Mexican food! But not the one where you have a heavy pan made from iron served at your table, baked over with cheese; but more the fresh-and-healthy Dean & David to-go alternative. And if you manage to eat an entire wrap without spilling any sauce on your clothes, the dessert will be for free (just kidding, unfortunately).

Of course I already tried three different restaurants. Although, I wouldn't really call them 'restaurants'. 'Food bars' is maybe more appropriate.

The first one was Mama Chili inside the Munich central station. I was hungry and ... disappointed. As a vegetarian, I always choose the meat-free option but I don't think this was the problem. It just wasn't spicy at all and tasted kind of boring. Fatty rice with beans in a wrap.

My bff (best friend forever) wanted to try another burrito bar after we enjoyed our manicure-pedicure appointment at La Mano in Müllerstrasse. Bff lives right next to Jordi's Burrito. It is a small and cosy place. You are asked to take as many drinks as you like out of the fridge during your stay and pay afterwards. The owner is a sweet and chatty guy. He sits with his guests when he doesn't have to prepare a dish. He served our burritos in two courses since we ordered both the same (vegetarian) version. It tasted already much nicer. Next time I will ask him to reduce the amount of rice.

La Taqueria Milagros
The last bar which I tried is La Taqueria Milagros.
It is directly next to Isartor in Zweibrueckenstrasse. Around lunchtime, it is quite crowded and they also serve margaritas (I already have the idea of a correlation...). It is extremly lovely decorated (see picture) with the typical colourful welcome-in-the-hot-desert-sit-down-and-have-a-drink Mexican shades.

The food needs some time to be served, you get a beeper. But it was super-fresh (I took tacos, no burritos since I don't like the rice) and it looked very home-made. The vegetarian option included mushrooms and fresh limes. I think I will go there again. I jealously eyeballed my neighbours salad with a giant avocado topping.



No comments:

Post a Comment